1. WHY ARE COVERMARK FOUNDATIONS CALLED CONCEALMENT COSMETICS?
2. WHY IS COVERMARK DIFFERENT FROM OTHER PRODUCTS?
3. WHY CAN'T OTHER FOUNDATIONS HIDE EVEN MINOR PROBLEMS?
4. WHY DO YOU HAVE FOUR DIFFERENT MAKEUPS?
5. WHAT IS AN SPF AND WHY IS SPF USED IN ALL COVERMARK CONCEALING PRODUCTS?
6. DO YOU HAVE SHADES FOR EVERY SKIN COLOUR?
7. CAN ANY MAKEUP BE USED OVER MAXIMUM OR FACE MAGIC FOUNDATIONS?
8. WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO USE A WATERPROOF MAKEUP?
9. TO MAKE A WATERPROOF FOUNDATION, AN OIL BASE IS USED. WON'T THIS MAKE AN OILY SKIN EVEN OILIER?
10. WON'T ANY POWDER WORK?
11. COVERMARK REMOVER CREAM CLEANSER IS RECOMMENDED. WON'T SOAP OR ANY CLEANSER TAKE OFF MY MAKEUP?
12. WHAT IS COVERMARK LEG MAGIC?
13. WHY IS COVERMARK LEG MAGIC DIFFERENT FROM OTHER MAKEUPS?
14. WHAT ELSE SHOULD WE LOOK FOR IN A BODY MAKEUP?
15. WHO SHOULD USE LEG MAGIC?
16. IS IT NECESSARY TO USE A FINISHING POWDER WITH LEG MAGIC?
17. HOW DO I SELECT THE APPROPRIATE SHADE OF LEG MAGIC?
18. HOW DO YOU REMOVE LEG MAGIC?
1. WHY ARE COVERMARK FOUNDATIONS CALLED CONCEALMENT COSMETICS? Because these products have the ability to hide any skin flaw or blemish, no matter how severe these problems may appear, and they are all long-lasting, waterproof, sweat-proof and hypoallergenic. Also all Covermark concealing products offer a high sun protective shield (SPF higher than 15).
2. WHY IS COVERMARK DIFFERENT FROM OTHER PRODUCTS? Covermark is the original "Concealment Cosmetic" and the first and only makeup ever to be granted a U.S. patent (see also History page). This was because the foundation is formulated in such a way that the base is able to hold an extraordinarily high level of pigment or colouring without separating or streaking.
3. WHY CAN'T OTHER FOUNDATIONS HIDE EVEN MINOR PROBLEMS? Most foundations are formulated to be light and very sheer. While this may be appropriate for some uses, there is just not enough pigment to cover any discolouration or even out the appearance of the skin, as well as offer a round-the-clock cosmetic coverage for every-day working men & women without streaking or sweating. Generally, sheer foundations contain between 7% - 10% pigment compared to 40% in Maximum Covermark and 30% in Face Magic, Leg Magic and Concealers.
4. WHY DO YOU HAVE FOUR DIFFERENT MAKEUPS? Because the Covermark inventor along our Research & Development team have made us the makeup foundation experts. There are different types of problems to hide, while the skin on the face is very different to the skin on the rest of the body or in the area around the eyes. Covermark Maximum Foundation is a somewhat 'heavier' cream that layers the skin with colour so that serious skin problems cannot be seen, offering maximum concealing effects. Face Magic Foundation is a soft, easy to apply, creamy makeup that hides minor problems without looking artificial or mask-like. Leg Magic is a creamy makeup, even easier to apply but formulated to better adhere to the less porous skin found on the legs and body. Covermark Concealers contain a highly pigmented makeup foundation in a stick, enriched with anti-aging and nutrient factors specially formulated for the ultra-sensitive under eye skin.
5. WHAT IS AN SPF AND WHY IS SPF USED IN ALL COVERMARK CONCEALING PRODUCTS? According to the American Academy of Dermatology and most major scientific and medical institutions around the world, the sun is not only a major cause of skin cancer but also leads to skin discolouration’s, patches and ultimately, wrinkles. AN SPF or SUN PROTECTION FACTOR is used to screen out the harmful rays of the sun; the higher the number the greater the protection. All Covermark concealing products offer an SPF above 15 because these levels are needed to ensure adequate and total protection for all parts of the body.
6. DO YOU HAVE SHADES FOR EVERY SKIN COLOUR? Not always! However, since Covermark has been a leader in this market since the 1930s, the selection of available colour shades has been formed to optimise natural skin colour matching, based on our decades-long consumers' comments and suggestions. It is true that a person should select a shade closest to the natural skin tone on their neck; however, if the makeup is feathered as you approach the neck, a close shade can be used effectively and a visible line of demarcation prevented.
7. CAN ANY MAKEUP BE USED OVER COVERMARK MAXIMUM OR FACE MAGIC FOUNDATIONS? Yes, absolutely any makeup (blush, eye liner etc.) can be used on top of Covermark foundations. For optimum results you should set using Covermark Finishing Powder and allow a few minutes for the makeup to 'sit' on your skin.
8. WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO USE A WATERPROOF MAKEUP? Properly applied, our waterproof makeup will last all day. This is especially important for anyone wishing to wear a long-lasting makeup foundation that will stay on for the whole day. You may also be confident that nothing, including weather, perspiration or any contact with water will affect their makeup.
9. TO MAKE A WATERPROOF FOUNDATION, AN OIL BASE IS USED. WON'T THIS MAKE AN OIL SKIN EVEN OILIER? The oils used are always extremely 'light'. Moreover, all Covermark makeups are specially formulated with surfactants and emollients that absorb oil and give a silky texture to the skin. Additionally, you may make your skin feel even silkier & less shiny by using Covermark Finishing Powder. Not only will it seal and set the makeup, but also absorb any remaining surface oils.
10. WON'T ANY POWDER WORK? Other powders may work but not as effectively as Covermark Finishing Powder. We use a specially selected type of powder which when finely grounded by special equipment produces a highly absorbent material. Under a microscope, the powder looks like a sponge with tiny cavities throughout its surface to optimize its absorption capacity.
11. YOU RECOMMEND USING COVERMARK MAKEUP REMOVER. WON'T SOAP OR ANY CLEANSER TAKE OFF YOUR MAKEUP? Probably after putting quite a lot of effort it will. Since our makeup is waterproof it resists removal by soap and most creams. Covermark Remover Cream Cleanser is specifically formulated with special oils designed to dissociate the firm network all Covermark makeups achieve on the skin, hence can be removed easily by gently wiping with a damp cotton pad with some Removing Cream. Also, Covermark Removing Cream will care and provide your skin with all the needed nutrients and hydrating factors at the end of your day.
12. WHAT IS COVERMARK LEG MAGIC? Covermark Leg Magic is a "Concealment Cosmetic" make-up for body, legs, arms, hands or feet. A "Concealment Cosmetic" simply means it is a makeup that has the ability to hide any skin flaw or blemish including such problems as varicose veins, stretchmarks, birthmarks, bruises and even tattoos.
Leg Magic is lightweight, completely waterproof; dermatologist recommended, contains an SPF 16 using a total UVA/B sunblock and won't rub off on clothing. A great swimming and sun-bathing companion for anybody with any type of skin flaw (spider veins, stretchmarks, tatoo cover etc.) that want to combine a perfect bodily waterproof makeup with a SPF 16 sunblock.
13. WHY IS COVERMARK LEG MAGIC DIFFERENT FROM OTHER MAKEUPS? Covermark Leg Magic has been specially formulated for the body, as consumers need to spread the makeup easily over a larger skin area, while still maintaining the waterproof and camouflage effectiveness of all Covermark concealing products. Leg Magic contains almost 30% colouring pigments compared to 7% to 10% for most other brands. This concentration of pigment helps ensure coverage of even the most serious skin discolorations.
14. WHAT ELSE SHOULD WE LOOK FOR IN A BODY MAKEUP?
Because so many people have sensitive skin or are allergic to makeup, it is important that dermatologists can safely recommend their use. That is why all Covermark products are clinically tested to be hypoallergenic. In addition, a high sun protection is also very important since exposure to the sun can dry the skin (causing lines and wrinkles) and has been shown to be a leading cause of skin cancer. Finally, all body makeup must be 100% waterproof and not rub off on clothing. Covermark Leg Magic combines a great look with all of that and more...a silky, Magic touch for your body.
15. WHO SHOULD USE LEG MAGIC? Anyone who wishes to conceal a flaw on any part of their bodily skin, with a waterproof, smudge-proof makeup, while at the same time protect the covered area from the harmful effects of sun rays. Many women are embarrassed because of varicose veins or other body flaws.
Leg Magic is ideal for those who love to wear short skirts or swimsuits but who hesitate to do so because of some unsightly blemish. Also, as we get older it is quite common for men and women to develop age spots on their hands and body. A small amount of Leg Magic will cover these discolorations quickly and easily.
16. IS IT NECESSARY TO USE A FINISHING POWDER WITH LEG MAGIC? No. Our Leg Magic formula contains a finely milled powder which seals and sets the foundation. This special feature eliminates the need to use powder after Leg Magic is applied.
17. HOW DO I SELECT THE PROPER SHADE OF LEG MAGIC? Because Leg Magic is opaque and imparts its own colour, an exact match is not necessary. Select the shade closest to the colour of your legs or body where it is to be used. Apply sheer for minor flaws: heavier for more serious problems.
Use a sponge applicator or the tips of your fingers and smooth over the entire surface of your skin. For the most serious problems, apply, then let dry and reapply. Blend in edges gradually to avoid any line of demarcation. Wait 2 or 3 minutes or until Leg is dry. Pat gently with a damp tissue to remove any excess.
18. HOW DO YOU REMOVE LEG MAGIC? By gently wiping off using a damp cotton pad containing Covermark Makeup Remover Cream Cleanser or by scrubbing with soap and water, will eventually remove Leg Magic. However, Leg Magic has been formulated to last through several showers (if soap is not used) as well a swimming in fresh, chlorinated or salt water.
We recommend you use Covermark (Waterproof Makeup) Remover Cream Cleanser, a gentle removing cream that dissolves Leg Magic instantly so that it can be easily wiped off with a tissue or cotton pad.